The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) vide its Notification No :- S O No 3794(E) dtd. 23/12/2013 has made important changes in procedure for PAN Application & Allotment. The important changes are as follows :-
1) Apart from Proof of Identity & Proof of Address, a new document (Proof for Date of Birth) needs to be submitted hereafter along with the PAN Application.
2) All the documents, (i.e.,) Proof of Address, Proof of Identity & Proof of Date of Birth shall be self attested by the applicant
3) All the above copies of the documents needs to be submitted along with the relevant originals for verification by the PAN Application centers and shall be returned by them immediately.
4) Aadhar Card has been included in the List of documents which can be accepted as Identity & Address Proof.
5) The following documents are considered as Proof of Identity, Address & Date of Birth, which means submission of the same alone will be sufficient :-
- Driving Licence
The relevant notifications are reproduced below :-
2 thoughts on “Change in Procedure for PAN Application & Allotment”
this is retrograde step. Govt also has the habit of making things as difficult as possible. What about old people who would like to apply for PAN ONLINE. even Banks now ask people to have accounts on line govt took this backward step. what about investors from abroad NRIs,PIOs and foreigners. where will they get them verified. Do not expect them to send their personal records on post.
retrograde step and should be withdrawn. If frauds are there find out some other step.
Dear Mr. Venkat,
The Operation of the said circular has been put on hold since there were number of concerns raised by the assessees.
The relevant details are in this link :-
Comments are closed.