The Central Government has issued a Notification No 10/2013 – Service Tax dtd 13 th May 2013 prescribing the rules for the Service Tax Voluntary Compliance Encouragement Scheme 2013.
The Salient features of these forms are :-
1) It shall come into force on the date of its publication in the Gazette of India.
2) Any person who wishes to make use of the scheme should, if not already registered, shall first register as an Service Tax Assessee and only after the registration is done, the declaration under this scheme shall be made.
3) The Declaration under this scheme shall be made in Form VCES – 1
4) Acknowledgement of declaration shall be issued in Form VCES-2, within a period of 7 working days from the date of declaration.
5) The Cenvat Credit shall not be utilised for payment of tax dues under the scheme.
6) The Service Tax authority shall issue an acknowledgement of discharge in Form VCES-3. This acknowledgement shall be issued within 7 working days from the date of furnishing the details of payment of tax dues in full along with interest, if any , by the declarant.
The relevant Notification is reproduced below :-