The following are the some of the important decisions made at the 39th meeting of the GST council held on 14th March 2020.
- Interest on GST Net liability to be charged w.e.f. 01st Jul 2017. The law will be amended retrospectively.
- In case of cancelled registration, request for revocation of cancellation can be made upto 30th June 2020
- Filing of GSTR 9C is not required for the year 2018-19 in respect of taxpayers with aggregate turnover upto 5 Crore.
- The due date for filing GSTR – 9 (Annual Return) & GSTR 9C (Reconciliation Statement) for the year 2018-19 to be extended upto 30th Jun 2020.
- For tax payers with aggregate turnover less than 2 crores, Late fee will not be levied for filing GSTR 9 & 9C for the year 2017-18 & 2018-19
- Implemention of E-invoice deferred till 01st Oct 2020
- The existing filing of GSTR 3B & GSTR 1 to be continued till Sept’20 (New returns will be implemented after that)
The Relevant Press release is provided below